Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's 0300 are you awake yet?

Yes, I just started my day. I know you wish you could be up this early.
It does have its perks. Driving into work at 2:00am on a Sunday morning
is not boring at all. I think of it as an obstacle course, being run of course at
70 miles per hour. First, getting around the drunks is most fun. You have to
pass them with a 3 lane buffer. Since you never know when they will try to make
a left turn in the middle of I-5!! The other fun challenge is getting around
the OVER SIZED LOAD trucks. Did you know that 2:00am is the
best time to move a bridge expanse down I-5. If you were in the dark on this one,
you are not alone. Now don't get me started on the best part. When these bad boys
are moving down the freeway, they have an entourage of like a gizillion trucks, with
a gizillion flashing lights. At 2 in the morn, my eyes are not awake, and having
to drive, while being visually assaulted by a gillion lights is nerve racking. Needless
to say, I have made it to work, and I am enjoying a Grande, triple mocha.
Boohyah! I am awake now. Wait, my coffee cup is empty, time for more :)

No comments: